Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It's Business Time!


I know you're all dying to know what has been going on since my last post. I got tired of looking at the same stuff so now that's it's officially fall, we can reminisce about September 2007.

Brandon and I are still training for the New York marathon. I will be honest though-we have not been faithful followers of the training gods. We have tried, but are being a bit too casual about it. All things considered,we have been doing our long runs and we know we will finish the marathon and are way psyched about finding bakeries to visit on the marathon route to stop at and taste deliciousness along the way. Doing these yearly marathons has had the opposite effect on me as I think most people- I care less and less about my time and more and more about enjoying the ride...Hooray for lazy marathoners~!


My teeny tiny grandma Hales passed away two weeks ago. She was the sweetest lady with the best old-lady-raunchy-sense-of-humor personality. She had been sick for some time but always had a smile on her face and was so fun to be with. I will miss her cackle hello on the telephone, her wanting to know all the latest gossip, and how much she loved all of us. I couldn't have had a better Grandma:)

Oh and school is alive and well at my little classroom at West Valley Elementary. This year I have been so lucky as to have an autistic boy and a boy that whips girls and kicks boys in the face at recess-oh and both have the same name. Needless to say that this particular name will never enter into the names of my potential future children...Other than that, school is good. OH! and I almost forgot. So turns out I am probably going to get my masters in education cause I just found out that I'm already halfway there and didn't even realize it (way long story, and no I am not a complete idiot) so anyway-yay for ignorance!

Oh and Brandon's news...he's still a wasian. Thank you and goodnight.

5 comments:

Alysha said...

I heard about your grandma, I am so sorry. Way to go on gearing up for the NYC marathon-that is huge and I think you are a bit insane for doing it!

Katie M. said...

NYC!!!!!! By golly JENNIFER DIANE! that's awesome.

You will please be kind enough to fill me in on that race, will you? I'[d love to do it, but have hit my marathon quota for this year. a bit tired.

be careful too, I hear people pee on you in the NYC marathon. Maybe it'd feel good, who knows?
Sorry about your teeny tiny grandma!!! That's no good. She looked like a darling lady!!!

Amy Gelwix said...

Lucy and I were browsing blogs today and we came upon yours and I said who's that and she said "jenny...brandon.
She also asked to play with you the other day. When's the NYC Marathon?

The Mahas Family said...

Jenny! I've tracked you down! I'm proud of you for running the marathon. When is it? By the way, feel free to visit me anytime: www.mahizzle.blogspot.com. Hope school's treating you well!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Hey Jenny - that is SO AWESOME about the NYC marathon- Erika and I go walking and "jogging" once in a while, and I'm the one saying, ok - I can probably jog w/o stopping from one stop sign to the next, so you are amazing to do a marathon! I didn't even know you were teaching school, that is great, and wonderful about getting your master's.