Thursday, September 29, 2011

We Had a Baby!

Well, a baby puppy. I was having such a hard time with the void Wicky left in our little family, so Brandon got me a baby. We rescued Charly, but having just barely lost Wicky-I wanted my next dog to follow the same path with me, being a puppy. Pekingese dogs are not very common in Utah, much less finding puppies. But randomly we found this 9 week old puppy in Kaysville and the owner wasn't a breeder and didn't want a crazy amount for her. I didn't know if I was emotionally ready yet for another dog, but some strangely coincidental things happened and we decided to go meet her and we LOVED her. We decided to name her Keiko (pronounced KAY-Ko), which is a Japanese name (even though it's a Chinese dog) and Brandon has an Aunt Keiko who we love and we love the name. Keiko is a name we had picked if we ever had a girl, but when Sara suggested it, it just seemed perfect. We are having a lot of fun with her, and she acts a lot like her brother Wicky. Now I just need to get her to stop peeing all the time. We love our new rascally snuggle bum :)


1 comment:

Laura Muir said...

Oh my goodness! That is one darling little puppy! Sorry about your last dog. :( hope you guys are doing great!