Monday, February 9, 2009

Goodbye musty carpet!

I have not so cute carpet and quite possibly the worst pergo you can find. Brandon texted me the other day when some excellent pergo went on clearance at the HD, so we decided to go for it. Tax Return...Hallelujah! The most fabulous part is that I have my very own Captain Home Depot in my midst, so I have much to pay back to Brandon for his time and hard work.:) We ripped out the carpet(except in part of my bathroom- that's next on my list for redoing, and in my bedroom) and Brandon is pouring self leveling stuff on my concrete at we speak. I don't have a "before" picture, but I'll post progress as we get there.

This is kind of "before". We moved everything into my room except the TV and couch oh and the big appliances-they wouldn't fit. You can see the wonderfully classy carpet that came with my condo. S-T-Y-L-E:)

You can't tell here, but the old pergo has a hint of purple with it- I think the previous owners went for the cheapest remnants of pergo to try to "spruce up the place." Blech.
Sara giving Brandon nourishment after his hard work.
Ahhhhh, the new floor.
Sara hung out with us while she corrected papers of her Jr. High students that she's student teaching. It was a hoot hoot listening to her disgust as she read some of the answers her students gave for really easy questions.
Old floor-goodbye! Except again- the previous owners glued the pergo on top of the old ugly 80's vinyl flooring that's also glued to the ground. My! What a great job they did-super attention to detail and quality:)
Sara decided to do Charly's hair. How beautiful.

2 comments:

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

I love your place!!!! Show more pictures!

Allison said...

Goodbye, ugly, nasty, where-has-this-been carpet!!