Monday, January 12, 2009

29 is the new 15


We had the annual Snowbird trip for Brandon's birthday. We stayed at the condo Thursday night, hit the slopes Friday, and slept over again until Saturday. I can't believe the fantastic day we had! There was barely anyone there, and it snowed all Thursday night, and Friday was exceptionally excellent! We hit Mineral Basin early and stayed there the entire day-there was a plentiful supply of powder for all to enjoy. A winter wonderland if you ask me! So Brandon and I just took the same run pretty much the whole day because we couldn't believe how amazing the powder was. We went out to his car, and in one night the snow was up above my knees just in the parking lot. A birthday miracle! Then we lounged and celebrated Brandon's last hurrah as a twenty-something. Happy Birthday little action figure!







Aydre and I could not figure out this brain puzzler with fitting paddlers in the raft...Brandon wouldn't give us any real hints, so we threatened to give up...he didn't give in, so we did...I guess we'll never know...



Brandon's mom made him this coconut/pineapple cake from scratch. It was delicious.

Nope...still can't figure it out...Blast these mind teasers!
Brandon has always mentioned how he wanted a denim blanket. So he had a pile of denim in his room for a long time that had holes in them and were old, so one day in like October I decided I would make him a blanket for his birthday. I went over to his house that day to get the pants, and the pile was gone! Of course-my luck. So I went out to the garbage just to check, and he had thrown them away. So I fished them out of the garbage and made him a denim quilt out of all his old jeans. It turned out really cute. You can't see it, but in one corner on a pocket I sewed an iron on "29" patch on it so he can always remember when he got it. I am so crafty:)
We were so exhausted from all our adventuring that day, that we passed out and Aydre took these amazingly gorgeous pics of us asleep.
Wasted from snowboarding:)What a pair!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Jenny, why do you lead such a fabulous life. What a fun weekend. And such a fun trip to New Orleans. That is awesome that you guys went. I feel like it has been a little too long since we've hung out. Can we please??

Allison said...

Hello? Did you forget your loving aunt and sort-of-helper cousin who brought your blanket out of the shadows? Ungrateful witch.