Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Puerto Rico!!!

So my dad texted me two weeks ago asking me what I was doing for fall break with the school districts. Since I had zero plans, he asked me if I wanted to go on an adventure. So adventure we did!...all the way to Puerto Rico. We went on a sight inspection with some clients of my dad's. So Sara, my Dad, and I went exploring around the fabulous island. We stayed in a beach hotel by the rainforest at the beginning, then went down to the city and stayed at the swanky Ritz Carlton. Our family doesn't ever really stay in nice hotels cause we are never in them except to sleep and shower, so this was quite a nice, cushy change:)

I absolutely loved the buildings in Old San Juan. I felt like I was transplanted to Pirates of the Caribbean. Each building was a different color-awesome!




This was crazy! The entire yellow part is the world's most narrow house. It's about the width of your arms outstretched. People used to live in it, too.


We went into a church, and saw a few of these creepy clear casket dummies. Weird.


The view from a military fortress built in the 1600's. Amazing. I wish I was a pirate wench sometimes...

Us posing as Christopher Columbus, his honorable raping and pillaging self..
At the Bacardi Rum factory...We were trashed after the first 5 minutes...
The bartender teaching us about the many drinks you can make with rum...
They had a ton of these little barrels with grates at the top. Each one had a different rum in it that you could smell. I'll be honest...they all smelled like ass except the fruit flavored rums. They smelled like delicious candy.:) Perfect for luring in prospective underage drinkers...
I thought this was a great photo-op...my dad and piles of booze:)

The rainforest.
A fern frond.




A choice adventure indeed!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Gosh, dog. That is so unfair. My money tree harvested, and I could have gone. You just didn't invite me.
Typical Jenny.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Amazing! You have gone so many neat places this year. So fun, and what a great way to bond with your pops!

Hey - I loved your comment about Palin's clothes on my blog... I was waiting for someone to say something about that. And I agree - ridiculous. I just wish all the money would go towards good use ya know? LOL! And yes, we can definitely still be friends!!!