Monday, August 4, 2008

Pioneers of Progress '08=Big Lar

My dad was nominated and received the Pioneers of Progress award for the Days of 47 in the sports and athletics category. We went to an awards dinner where they had a 4 minute news piece on each of the winners, then they got to get up and give a quick thank you speech. We are all so proud of my dad and what he has done over the last 33 years, and it was cool to see that others acknowledge his hard work.








Then came the Days of '47 parade. It was actually pretty cool to wait out there with all the gaudy floats and then to see my parents sitting in a convertible waving to people...awesome...:)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Why was I not informed of this fact? I was watching the parade and suddenly my uncle pops up on screen. I need to know these things, dawg....geez.