Sunday, July 13, 2008

On to Aotearoa...New Zealand!!!

Black Water Rafting through caves in a mountain. It's like Nutty Putty Caves, but with a raging river through it, and it doesn't smell like pee. You go in this teeny, tiny crack in the hill, then split between floating in your tube, hiking through rapids, and ducking your head because there's about a foot between the water and the ceiling. The coolest part is that there are glow worms on the ceiling, it's like Space Mountain at Disneyland where all the stars are on the ride, only they're worms. Very cool, and freezing!
Huka Falls...

I know many of you are like, "Okay Jenny-we get it. You went on a trip, enough with the marathon of pictures!" which is totally true, so I'm sorry but I am pretty sure this is the last post of our trip...New Zealand everyone! It's as amazing as you could possibly imagine...:)

Below is a video of the dorm at Church College that is headed by a former player of my dad's. They did the most amazing haka for my dad to say thanks from his old player Brett...awesome. My camera ran out of memory, but it was like a 4-5 minute haka, and was crazy intense...


This is our really good fam friend Dean's son Menassah playing Paper, Rock, Scissors with Brandon. I put this on so you can hear his cute accent.

2 comments:

James Thomas said...

You are making me so jealous with all your pictures. I want to go to New Zeland! What I really need to know is when you were rafting did they play the same cool music that they play on Space Mountain?

Let the Good Times Roll said...

I LOVE the marathon of pictures, keep em coming! ;) I am glad you had such an incredible time. You are such a dare devil! When spence and I went on our tour of Europe a couple years ago we were the only Americans with 45 Aussies/Kiwis for 6 weeks - I LOVE their accents, could listen to them talk all day long, it is so cute!