Friday, June 20, 2008

A quick quip...

I just laughed the hardest I have laughed in a while, so I thought I'd share... Sara, Brandon, my mom, and I were waiting in the car for Dean's sons rugby game to begin. While we were in Tonga, my mom collected a boat load of sea shells. Turns out that she is going to Young Women's camp soon, she's the YW pres, and she has to do a lesson. So she was going over some ideas in the car and wanted to do a lesson on how life is like a sea shell...hmmmmm? So on we went asking what in the world she was going to take from that. She started rolling off her ideas, like " some are really pretty on the outside, some aren't...they carry their homes with them..." We busted up laughing..."So mom...you want to teach your Young Women that some of them are ugly, and they should strive to be homeless bag ladies?"...It reminded us of sitting in church and hearing analogy after analogy that people come up with from their life experiences, and alot of the time, Sara and I just look at each other like "what?"...I love it. Gotta love Cathy G. She tries oh so hard...:)

2 comments:

Shane and Lauren said...

I love it! I'm sure I'd be laughing right along with you if we weren't up climbing the tree with our pre-planned little shorts underneath our skirts or dresses...I guess that was during Sunday School though. How is your trip going? You're still gone, right? We'll have to all get together when you get back. I really haven't seen you forever.

Allison said...

Welcome home!! I am looking forward to the many wondrous gifts you brought back for me, your life and light....