Tuesday, July 27, 2010

America's Hat!



We returned to the Mercer family reunion in gorgeous Waterton, Alberta. It's kind of like a sleepy Jackson Hole. We had a grand old time...:) Fun fact: We didn't have any episodes of second or third cousins caught canoodling this time. That happened at the the last reunion. Seriously. My great uncle had to lecture them about the fact that they were related. :) I still laugh when I think about it. Anyway...Waterton...beautiful!

Waterton Lake

The amazing fashions of Waterton...
My great grandparents' grave...

Such a cute town...

The red rocks... if you look closely you can see Sara and me. We are going on one of the rock slides in the river...



The water was soooooo cold! But the slides were too fun to pass up...






The start of the hike to the waterfall...


My dad turned 60 on this trip and is already showing signs of dementia...as you can see from this picture..





That's the Prince of Wales Hotel. I've always wanted to stay there...hopefully someday I will!

2 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Looks like a fun trip, and great pictures. Love the post below on your dad, too cute!

The Beckstrands said...

I love your adventures!

-Chris B.