Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Last of It...

So I promise this is the final post:)
We went to the Golden Triangle and went to the Opium Museum to learn about the history of drug trafficking in the area. Amazing but totally sad.
This is our guide Tuk that my dad uses every time he takes a group to Thailand. She is so awesome and is my new Thai mother. If you ever go to Thailand, use her!
They had these hats everywhere...it really makes his eye "pop"...don't you think? ;)
Laos is in the background across the river.
More of the Golden Triangle...


They have this at the drug checkpoint. They call him "Officer Cool" because he never takes breaks, and even when it's hot he keeps all his gear on and works round the clock...I thought it was funny;)
SOUTH KOREA

We had a quick stop in Seoul, so we went on a city tour and stopped for a traditional Korean barbecue. We sat on the ground (which was awesome) and the food was amazing! I even retried Kimchi, even though I know I don't like it, but I had to since I was in Korea...yep still don't like it.
The Blue House- the Korean equivalent of the White House.



The End.

3 comments:

Deming Family said...

geez, such cool pics. How long where you there for? Looks like such a rad place to visit! TAKE ME THERE PLEASE?

Stacie said...

That 's from me, (Stacie) sorry.

Jenny said...

Stacie! It was amazing! I went for 2 weeks and died of love there. I will go with you any time!